St. Petersburg (February 25, 2022) – INDYCAR and Motorsport Network these days declared the vital findings of the 2022 World-wide INDYCAR Supporter Study. Released in January, the World INDYCAR Fan Survey was commissioned by INDYCAR, hosted by Motorsport Network, and analyzed by Nielsen Sports, the world data, knowledge, and measurement specialists. Carried out in 11 languages across the Motorsport.com system and obtaining suggestions from more than 53,000 fans in 147 nations around the world, the survey unveiled that INDYCAR has managed a loyal and approving fanbase when developing its ranks amid young and extra varied demographics in latest several years.
Unsurprisingly, while the U.S. comprised 56% of the study responses, the top rated 5 international locations also integrated France, the U.K., Japan, and Canada, suggesting progress in interest internationally for the NTT INDYCAR Series. This expansion demonstrates an expanding and a lot more numerous audience, highlighted by 37% of respondents below 35 several years of age and 12.2% of respondents determining as woman. This is the 2nd-best woman participation charge for a study fielded by Motorsport Network of a international racing sequence.
“INDYCAR is rising – at a historic and quick tempo,” stated Mark Miles, President, and CEO of Penske Leisure Corporation. “Our product or service is considered as competitive and interesting, and just as we’ve attracted new and proficient motorists to our field, we have also found admirable accomplishment in attracting new devotees to our ranks. As we embark on a consequential and marquee yr for INDYCAR, we’re immensely encouraged by the image the Worldwide INDYCAR Supporter Study provides and stay self-assured that the long run is shiny for the NTT INDYCAR Series and its stars.”
In general supporter acceptance of the racing solution is very superior. INDYCAR’s top 5 characteristics, as reflected by the study, are: “competitive,” “exciting,” “entertaining,” “growing” and “dangerous,” with more than 80% of the respondents viewing INDYCAR as “competitive.”
Findings from the Motorsport Community INDYCAR International Lover Survey reveal supporters want to view races dwell, predominantly on Tv set. Most INDYCAR customers are now watching races via a blend of cable and streaming platforms, with the latter now surpassing no cost-to-air viewing. Paywalls continue being a issue of some followers in distinct marketplaces, perhaps decreasing entry to live races. Social media has become the foremost system for non-race weekend articles for all followers and the principal supply of all INDYCAR information for all those amongst the under-35 set.
Centered on survey respondents, esports are progressively pertinent to INDYCAR admirers, with approximately half partaking in gaming weekly. This variety rises to 85% amid 16-24-yr-olds and 70% among 25-34-yr-olds, suggesting a strong viewers for the forthcoming launch of an INDYCAR-centric online video match title.
“It has been fascinating to get the job done on this biggest-at any time World wide INDYCAR Admirer survey and the inescapable conclusion is that lovers believe that that INDYCAR is a collection on its way up,” explained James Allen, President of Motorsport Network. “INDYCAR is the pre-eminent single-seater racing championship in North The usa, but it has long experienced a next in other continents because of to notable international drivers racing there. Now, the international make-up of the grid is mirrored in the study findings, with a solid geographical spread outdoors of North The us. Even though the sequence has its loyal followers in the more mature age teams, specifically in the U.S., INDYCAR will be learning closely the information on its new, younger, and woman followers internationally. Many thanks to the net and social media giving uncomplicated accessibility to loaded written content, everyone any where can turn into an INDYCAR lover today. And gaming and esports are plainly heading to enjoy a important part in the long run. It will be fascinating to see how the tendencies acquire about the subsequent couple a long time.”
Despite the COVID pandemic, there is nevertheless a powerful wish to show up at races stay. About 80% of respondents expressed the desire to attend a race are living, while just about 50% of respondents indicated that they have attended a race dwell in the past 5 yrs. 1 of the most significant components cited as preventing stay race attendance is the inability to attend a nearby race for enthusiasts, especially outside the house North The usa.
From an ecological standpoint, younger followers spot bigger great importance on inexperienced initiatives in motorsport, and though most were pleased with what INDYCAR is executing to be greener, above 20% of female followers think INDYCAR should really be carrying out a lot more on the sustainability front.
“Off the back of the achievement of the Formulation One lover study, it has been a pleasure to be concerned in a further world motorsport survey with Motorsport Community. Our partnership not only provides attention-grabbing insight on different motorsport disciplines but also actionable supporter viewpoints that can assistance a collection grow and evolve in a way that appeals to supporters outdated and new. I glance forward to managing our following study with Motorsport Community to unearth much more insightful viewpoints from our broad world wide motorsport lover foundation,” mentioned Nigel Geach, Senior Vice President, International Motorsport, Nielsen Sporting activities.
The study findings ended up uncovered at the opening round of the 2022 NTT INDYCAR Sequence time now and integrated the dimension and demographics of the sport’s audience, enthusiast disposition and attitudes toward the activity, their affinity for INDYCAR races, groups, drivers, and their use of racing as remote and stay audiences.
Additional vital findings from the 2022 INDYCAR World-wide Enthusiast Survey contain:
Venues and Opposition
- The major 5 most critical races for followers are the Indianapolis 500, Prolonged Beach, Highway The united states, Laguna Seca, and St. Petersburg.
- INDYCAR fans are joyful with the mix of tracks (road, highway & oval) and believe that they give the greatest exam of a driver’s expertise, and they also truly feel the sport is healthier now than 3 a long time in the past, showcasing the suitable equilibrium of activity and enjoyment.
- For the future fans want INDYCAR to:
- Feature several suppliers in vital group regions
- Retain the Indy 500 as a double details celebration
- Lessen stewarding interference and allow motorists race
- Handle team working fees and prioritize near racing around specialized innovation
- Fans are strongly in opposition to altering race formats and clearly show very little hunger for qualifying modifications.
Top Groups, Drivers, and Races
- Approximately 80% of fans assistance a number of Teams and Drivers.
- More youthful followers aged beneath 24 are additional probably to abide by a single driver.
- Supporters in South and Central The united states and Asia-Pacific are a lot more than two times as possible to adhere to a favorite driver.
- Group Penske was voted as the overall beloved team with 19% of votes, adopted by Andretti Autosport and Arrow McLaren SP, who ended up tied at 2nd, each individual with 17% of votes, to round out the leading 3 groups.
- Romain Grosjean was voted the survey’s most well known INDYCAR driver with 32% of enthusiasts positioning him in their Leading 3 and approximately 12% of enthusiasts rating him their favored driver. Pato O’Ward was next with a specifically substantial young admirer voting and voted variety one by woman fans. The third was Helio Castroneves, adopted by Scott Dixon. Alexander Rossi was the top-ranked U.S. driver who was voted fifth over-all.
- The major 5 most attended races are the Indianapolis 500 (58.8%), Indianapolis Road Program (31.3%), Mid Ohio (19.%), Highway The usa (16.8%), and St. Petersburg (15.%)
For the full study, you can down load the PDF https://world-indycar-lover-survey-2022.motorsport.com.